published: April 28, 2021
The Avigilon Cloud Services (ACS) platform enables a modern cloud-connected user experience to view live and recorded video, accessible from a web browser or mobile app. Connecting your Avigilon Control Center (ACC) sites to ACS is completely free to do, and since it was first launched, we’ve introduced a number of high value innovations that make this offering incredibly powerful for users. Here are the top 5 reasons to consider cloud-connecting your ACC sites today!
- Secure remote video access anywhere, anytime: Accessing live and recorded video has never been easier. Whether you choose our no-install browser-agnostic client or the ACC Mobile 3 app with push notifications of ACC analytic alarms, access is but a click away. For those wanting even more control, web client users can also view bookmarks, manage PTZ controls, and export videos of interest to a local drive.
- Centralized access to distributed sites: Connecting your ACC sites to the cloud simplifies access to and management of distributed security systems for users with multi-site facilities. The ability to monitor the health status of multiple locations and cameras helps you to more efficiently detect, verify and proactively respond to events at your various sites.
- Advanced system health monitoring and management: Advanced System Health, available today as a no-charge preview for a limited time, allows Administrators to action on connected sites from one location to save valuable time and avoid costly on-site service/maintenance calls. Assess and update the operational state of your cameras and servers, review video retention statistics, verify device firmware versions and settings, and acknowledge health notifications to prioritize maintenance activities across all of your sites. ACS then allows you to configure device settings from the cloud on a device-by-device basis and remotely update ACC software and device firmware. This helps to ensure you are always able to take full advantage of the newest features and enhancements.
- Maximum versatility with a hybrid solution approach: Leverage the best of both worlds with powerful on-premise systems and pervasive cloud resources. Allocate on-premise systems to work with edge devices that record in high definition while allowing users to balance network bandwidth, availability and cost. At the same time, capitalize on cloud resources to consolidate information and make it available everywhere for use, including video review of key footage, assessing the health status of edge devices on demand or generating operational insights such as occupancy.
- Simplified access for users inside and outside your organization: Provisioning and managing access to your system is always a challenge. ACS can help simplify this by allowing you to either add and manage individual users across all your systems in one place or sharing video access with an entire organization such as a law enforcement agency. Sharing video with ACS service providers such as law enforcement or video monitoring providers is incredibly easy to configure without needing to invest in IT infrastructure or complex deployments. This sharing provides improved situational awareness and expedites investigations with easy access to live and recorded video.